Breathe in for Luck
Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The Ultimate Showdown


Mood: Nothing :l
Music: The All American Rejects - Move Along


Welcome welcome to Priscilla's guides to one of lifes very important activity - gaming.
It doesnt matter what type of games you play, violent multi-player ones like DoTA, WOW, Maple (=/), gunbound, cute little games like Orisinal or self-amusing gameslike the bubblegumclub.com or MSN games.

Personally, I like playing MSN games, especially Minesweeper flags, Solitaire Showdown and Hexic. Today, I, Priscilla, together with my present Solitaire Showdown (SS for short) parter Geraldine, will teach you the tools of winning SS.

Disclaimer: Take note that the next few pointers are based on experience and have no scientific proof that can be explained using theories. They are just tried and tested. And proving to be effective.

Now that it has been made known, dont come after us with a deck of poker cards ready to throw it at us. (:

Firstly: Learn the rules of the game well. And plan. Think "if I put this card here, will it let me have more points, or if I just get that point, will I get stuck". Now that you know how to play the game PROPERLY, its time to learn how to WIN.

Step one: Be the one to send the invitation. Find a victim to thrash, then say 'Hi I'm bored' or something somewhat along that line. After the person clicks "Accept", you are ready to move on to the next step.

Step two: Change your music playlist (at least during the game itself). Find songs by the same artist and put them into a playlist. (iTunes is highly recommended). For Geraldine and I, the songs that work the best for us is songs by Panic! At the Disco. Yes, everytime I play it, I win majority of the games, which makes me the winner of the session. And just now, I was owning Geraldine until I said "Its because you're not playing panic" and immediately Geraldine went to change songs. After playing Panic!, Geraldine started winning the next five games.

Step three: Negotiate. When you think your cards suck, bargain with your partner to restart. Even though it ends up as a tie, you get to move on to another game, which could possibly give you more wins. (:

So after rounds of fighting, it ended up with 5 wins to each side (and 6 ties), and due to the stupid bet we made last night, we owe each other starbucks.

There you have it - three VERY simple steps to winning. See? There's a lot more to gaming than meets the eye. Of course dont ask me how to win DoTA or WOW, I havent tried anything like it. Yes I'm a very non-violent girl.


Have fun playing everyone!
(:

p.s. I love my new firefox themes(:


@ 14:41

Profile

Priscilla
050392
Mgs
Acjc
Nyp
Handbells
Harp
Mt Hermon
email

"And life is worth the living,
Just because He lives."


Links
ACJC
Handbells
Johari
Mr Ong
Nohari

Astrid Lim
Austyn Yong

Brandom Lum XYXY

Cherry
Crystal Soh

Daniel Sim
Daniel Tan
David Sim

Gerald Lim
Gideon Wong
Glenn Lim

James Yong
Jeremy Ng
JiaLei Isaac Koh
Joel Lim
Joel Tang
Joel Yap

KaiYang
Liquan Hsien
Liwei Wee
Mingdao Ting
Monica Lee

Natalie Chong
Nathan Khoo
Samuel Chan
Serene Siau

Valerie Lim


Xingting

Ziteng Lim


Listening To


Archives

Hit Me


Layout

Wait Outside
Date Created: 160208
Image taken by Sherylene
Image Hosted by Flickr
Lyrics in image by All Time Low, Jasey Rae
Html Coding helped by Twin!
Best viewed in 1024x768 Mozilla Firefox