Breathe in for Luck
Monday, November 12, 2007

China!


Mood: Happy :)
Music: Hillsong - Fire Fall Down

Anyway I really should start blogging about my China trip before I forget everything and I DIE when I have to do a writeup about the whole thing :(

WARNING: Photo and words overload. Proceed only if dying to know what happened.

Day 1

After waking up at 4am to trip down to the airport, I went into my mummy's car. I can't believe I was messaging Nic and Seeyue in the car when I was gonna see them in less than an hour's time. Omg packing for this trip was a nightmare. I kept missing out things, and couldn't pack them in, so in the end I took another bag and dumped everything in haha :) Took a picture with mummy and gor gor to remind me of them and prevent myself from getting homesick (haha like I will anyway)

Oh man the whole airplane ride was super chaotic and funny! (Actually most things in the trip were, as you can tell.) While waiting to board the plane, Seeyue spotted Stefanie Sun! And the best part, she was taking the same flight as us! (First class, of course) Nic being excited, ran up to get her autograph haha!

In the plane, Seeyue was sitting on my left, while Nic was on my right. And while they were swooning over HSM2, (okay not really swooning, but transfixed), they had to put up with my constant though random outbursts of laughter when I was watching The Simpson's Movie. Haha. SPIDERPIG!

And when Seeyue was walking to the lavatory, she knocked over Nic's (plastic) glass of water, and the cup holder got kocked out of its place, while the water flew and landed on Nic's jeans haha :D The poor air stewardess walking by with one full tray of water had to:
1) stop
2) Squat down
3) Balance the tray on her thighs
4) attempt to fix the cup holder

Trust me, it was damn chaotic.
Luckily not much happened after that because we decided to sleep lest we cause more trouble.

After landing, we had a surprise KFC lunch and as Grace correctly describes it, "我们睡了又睡, 睡了又睡" haha that was super funny.

And while travelling from Shanghai to Hangzhou, Nic and I spotted a van that had a one-way mirror which was thoroughly amusing to us and hence we decided to take a picture. (of course the only thing we could see was our reflection, but that was kinda the point anyway haha) and Nic fantastically decided to put FLASH on her camera. Which resulted in the window being wound down 1 minute later and peering curiuosly at us. How embarassing!



How bored can we get :(

Dinner was at this funny restaurant and the people at our table became known as the dinner table gang(: Wanna know what we had? For soup, it was tomato plus water plus whatever. Or as Lipin calls it "PERIOD" =/

BEDTIME! It was pretty early, because we didn't have anything planned on the first day. Just checking in and camwhoring with Nic and eating instant noodles and...JOURNAL :(









Not bad a hotel eh? :)

Day 2
Okay I can't really remember much. Thus I'm gonna lift a lot of stuff from Tiffany(:
So apparently we went to West Lake, which was quite funny because everywhere the tour guide pointed to, made no difference to us because you look left, look right, you also see
1) mountains
2) water
3) trees
4) bridges

AND NIC AND I SAW A HANDSOME ANG MOH GUY AND WE NAMED HIM JACK! :)
But we never saw anymore of him throughout the whole trip :(
















And my favourite photo of West Lake...


Then we went to this place called Longjin Tea Plantation where they teach you how to sip tea and make tea and look at tea. Okay kidding about the 'look at' part. Everyone was just so excited to attempt macro shots.


Nicole wanted to read my tea leaves haha. Like that woman in Harry Potter. Can't spell her name though. Haha.

Here are my macro shots! :D




Not bad eh? :D

Haha I like this




And lunch was the best! We ate so much food! Apparently lots of high officials go there to eat, that's why the food was so nice. And I almost pushed Seeyue into the pond :)

Okay and then after that we went to YueFei Miao. And there were tons of murals and all. But I'm too lazy to post them up. Not that you'd be interested anyway haha :) And there were tons of freeloaders! People (couples mostly) pretending to be looking at the murals but actually listening to xianranjiejie (our tour guide for the whole trip =D) talking. Haha. :)


Don't ask me what it means. I don't know either. Haha.


Don't ask me what this is. I don't know either. Haha!


YueFei's the man yo!




And with a little photoshop...

Priscilla Nicole and Seeyue appears! (kidding we just took another shot. DUH)

Fish thingys!


Some tomb thingy of YueFei heh.



Nicole and I. With the former trying to pull me off the horse. Haha.


Wanna know why Nicole was so happy? Because she was making fun of me. Terrible right!


After that we went to XiXi National Wetland Park which was a total bore for most of us because everywhere we went we saw wetlands and more wetlands. Seriously. And everyone was already so tired (plus hungry, since the dinnertablegang is always hungry) The only thing that rejuvenated us was the sunset!


Scary toilets


After zooming...

雨水! In translation, it means rain water hah.




Translation: wine.


Weird shaped leaves Seeyue fell in love with.


Stupid Grace. Haha!








And my favourite...


At dinner, Seeyue played with my camera and did this "artistic" shot.


And this is a conversation that Tiffany blogged:

dinner time was hilarious !! the soup had like this chunk of red meat in it. & someone had to come up with the horrible idea that it might dog meat -.- so jasmine (our chinese spokesperson since she speaks it super well) asked the waitress what it was. & the waitress replied

"shi ya zi" (duck meat)

& grace said

"scarly the dog is called ya zi"

HAHAHHAA oh mannnn. whatever it was, the soup was quite nice. okay we're very particular over the soup they serve us. haha. & for us dinner table gang our motto is "eat all you can & try to finish whatever is on the table" hahaha! but if we dont like it, we really leave it untouched hahahaa.


SOOOOOOONG CHENG!
We bought the BingTangHuLu (or those fruits dipped in syrup and left to harden) and there were these guards who were really guarding nothing at all haha. Then we saw this monkey and mountain goat performance and it was so poor thing because the mountain goat was made to perform :(
And we talked a lot of crap (as usual) and it was just plain hilarious.
Then we went for this concert and it was hella good! And we thought our Sentosa musical fountain was good.






Then after that we went to our hotel to PACK. But then Nicole and I are always packing in our free time (don't ask us why) so it made no difference. And as Tiffany calls me, "The luggage packer" because I can miraculously pack everything into a given space :)

Okay I am DYING blogging about China. I'll stop here. I've spent about two hours uploading and renaming and blogging and typing and coding stuff. That a lot of work. I'll blog the rest another day. I promise!

Labels: ,



@ 12:16

Profile

Priscilla
050392
Mgs
Acjc
Nyp
Handbells
Harp
Mt Hermon
email

"And life is worth the living,
Just because He lives."


Links
ACJC
Handbells
Johari
Mr Ong
Nohari

Astrid Lim
Austyn Yong

Brandom Lum XYXY

Cherry
Crystal Soh

Daniel Sim
Daniel Tan
David Sim

Gerald Lim
Gideon Wong
Glenn Lim

James Yong
Jeremy Ng
JiaLei Isaac Koh
Joel Lim
Joel Tang
Joel Yap

KaiYang
Liquan Hsien
Liwei Wee
Mingdao Ting
Monica Lee

Natalie Chong
Nathan Khoo
Samuel Chan
Serene Siau

Valerie Lim


Xingting

Ziteng Lim


Listening To


Archives

Hit Me


Layout

Wait Outside
Date Created: 160208
Image taken by Sherylene
Image Hosted by Flickr
Lyrics in image by All Time Low, Jasey Rae
Html Coding helped by Twin!
Best viewed in 1024x768 Mozilla Firefox