Breathe in for Luck
Saturday, June 14, 2008

My Legendary Girlfriend Book


Mood: Immensely Satisfied :D :) :D :)
Music: Jason Mraz - Prettiest Friend

I am really really really, immensely satisfied with myself. I actually finished a book today! It's called "My Legendary Girlfriend". But wait! Before you go "but you're always reading!", I'll have you know, that it isn't just an ordinary book! It's a book that has been giving me problems. Lots of problems.

You see, the thing is, I've had this book for ages. A while ago (think: more than one year hah) I was in my "read books" phase (which I don't think I've outgrown heh) so I wanted to read books but I ran out of books at home, and was too lazy to go to the library. And I know Luwin has a never-ending stash of books (seriously. I used to call it Luwin's Library for the very fact it's an alliteration. Hah. How lame) so I went "Luwin! Pick out a few good reads for me!" and he went "Sure!" and so I eagerly waited, and waited, and waited.. Ah just kidding it was only one week.

Thus on that fateful, though not memorable (since I can't remember which) Sunday, I felt like I've been given two precious gold bars, waiting to be appreciated by the person who was looking at it. That day, I started on the first book, Man and Boy, which was a really nice read and I finished it in less than a week. After resting for a few days, I decided to read the other book.

I started, and by two weeks, have finished less than a third of it. Not because it was immensely thick, but because I was bored out of my wits reading it. So I gave up. And was quite sad that it never made it to my "Books I read in 2007" list.

After my 2007 EOYs, (End of Year exams) I decided to give it another shot, after finishing the whole Harry Potter series and running out of things to read, yet again. Not to mention the fact I was a bit embarrassed to ask Luwin for more books, considering I have yet to return him both hahaha. Thus began the journey of reading the book yet again, which I failed, YET AGAIN. It was just too boring. So I resorted to walking to the library to borrow books. And finished all four that I borrowed, yet not getting past two more chapters in the book.

So I was mildly horrified when my brother saw THE BOOK, picked it up, and finished it within two days. And he's not much of a reader, apart from his own Lit texts.

Fast forward to today, I woke up in a totally procrastinating mood and after playing the same piano piece five times in a row, got off to watch Mean Girls (for like, the third time in a week haha) and got changed to go tuition. But something felt weird. I had run out of books to read, yet again. And I was eager to catch up on my "One Book A Week" mission. I contemplated raiding my sister's bookshelf, but figured I was better off reading nothing than surviving her death stares and worse, death screams. (Okay it's not that bad. But she'll get angry nonetheless.) And my eyes gazed to kiddy story books that I saved for reading in the lavatory haha, my secondary1 Lit text I never got around to finishing (I'll save that for another round of boredom) and...THE BOOK.

I figured I wouldn't want to end my secondary school life not finishing a book, it kinda leaves a "I'll start but never finish" impression on myself aha. So I started. Yet again. And forced myself to finish it if not I would never ever get around to doing it.

And by 2045hours, I WAS DONE. It's such an arduous process, and I'm so glad I finished it. So here's another book to add to my "Books I've read in 2008" list! :)

And considering I actually spent a whole blog post and over 600 words explaining my immense pleasure and satisfaction with finishing just ONE book when I wouldn't give a hoot about finishing three books in one and a half weeks (which I did this week WOOHOO), it must mean quite a lot.

I think I should start reading my own Lit text, or get killed by T_ _ _ _ _ _ _. Have a great day everyone! :)

Labels:



@ 21:14

Profile

Priscilla
050392
Mgs
Acjc
Nyp
Handbells
Harp
Mt Hermon
email

"And life is worth the living,
Just because He lives."


Links
ACJC
Handbells
Johari
Mr Ong
Nohari

Astrid Lim
Austyn Yong

Brandom Lum XYXY

Cherry
Crystal Soh

Daniel Sim
Daniel Tan
David Sim

Gerald Lim
Gideon Wong
Glenn Lim

James Yong
Jeremy Ng
JiaLei Isaac Koh
Joel Lim
Joel Tang
Joel Yap

KaiYang
Liquan Hsien
Liwei Wee
Mingdao Ting
Monica Lee

Natalie Chong
Nathan Khoo
Samuel Chan
Serene Siau

Valerie Lim


Xingting

Ziteng Lim


Listening To


Archives

Hit Me


Layout

Wait Outside
Date Created: 160208
Image taken by Sherylene
Image Hosted by Flickr
Lyrics in image by All Time Low, Jasey Rae
Html Coding helped by Twin!
Best viewed in 1024x768 Mozilla Firefox