Breathe in for Luck
Monday, December 01, 2008

Four Christmas


Mood: Happy :)
Music: Staind - Fade

Book - $20
Movie - $6
Lunch - $6.50
Toy - $7
Food at muji - $2
Starbucks - $6
Total: $47.5

Experience - Priceless.

Went down to Borders to find The Shadow Of The Wind. I've read it before, but I want to get my own copy, and now I do! It's the pretty version that looks like this.




Luwin and I were talking about the different covers like:



And both of us like the first one (Angela's got that too!) with the exception of his $60 "Limited Edition" book haha! And we came to a conclusion: So much for 'Don't judge a book by its cover' heh. Anyway. The book is many stories woven together; a book within a book with secrets planted between chapters. It's like love, adventure, suspense, mystery, history all in one. And even though I'm not able to give a nice blurb because I hardly ever write such stuff, I really highly recommend reading it because I like it so much I actually bought a copy for myself. And that speaks a lot because out of the almost 40 books I've read this year, I didn't buy a single one of them.

Next up, Four Christmas. To put it crudely, it sucked. There was NO EYE CANDY (okay this is so superficial but still. which movie doesn't have eye candy?!) and secondly, I didn't like the way they portrayed Christmas and Christians. As F451 (we can never really get enough of this book can we?) says "about the way we are dressing Christ up, or is it dressing him down?" yeahh. And I hated the way they depicted the charismatic worship and how church is like a concert, and it doesn't even talk about the true meaning of Christmas :(.

Plus, the storyline is tres draggy. Imagine viewing a visit to a family x4. One dysfunctional family makes for comedy, 4 dysfunctional families makes for a torture to sit through. There wasn't much character development, so they appeared very one-dimensional and predictable. If I had to rate how much I enjoyed it, it'll probably be 1.5/5 stars. And that's because my friend and I were making anti-climatic comments to ammuse ourselves and talking about a make-believe ghost under our chairs hmm.

Vince Vaughn and Reese Witherspoon do not make a good on screen couple it's so fake. Okay I'm just biased because I want to see her with Mark Ruffalo from Just Like Heaven (whoo!) and I don't like Vince Vaughn why in the world did Jenn An go out with him sigh.

Rants over. On a happy note, I got to drink the green tea frap (otherwise know as "green diarrhoea" to Ryan Higga haha). On the way home, my train stopped just ONE stop before my stop as the train track "folded". Whatever that means man. So unlucky. Plus, on the train ride home, there was this man staring me down it was so freaky. I stared back, and he wasn't even ashamed. In fact, he stared harder! Fine he won the 'staring competition' it was really scary I couldn't stand looking at his face it gives me nightmares sigh. If he wanted the seat, he could have just asked right! In any case, I didn't give up my seat since he looked 30/40plus and perfectly capable of standing :D

Teevee time soon! :D

Labels: ,



@ 21:46

Profile

Priscilla
050392
Mgs
Acjc
Nyp
Handbells
Harp
Mt Hermon
email

"And life is worth the living,
Just because He lives."


Links
ACJC
Handbells
Johari
Mr Ong
Nohari

Astrid Lim
Austyn Yong

Brandom Lum XYXY

Cherry
Crystal Soh

Daniel Sim
Daniel Tan
David Sim

Gerald Lim
Gideon Wong
Glenn Lim

James Yong
Jeremy Ng
JiaLei Isaac Koh
Joel Lim
Joel Tang
Joel Yap

KaiYang
Liquan Hsien
Liwei Wee
Mingdao Ting
Monica Lee

Natalie Chong
Nathan Khoo
Samuel Chan
Serene Siau

Valerie Lim


Xingting

Ziteng Lim


Listening To


Archives

Hit Me


Layout

Wait Outside
Date Created: 160208
Image taken by Sherylene
Image Hosted by Flickr
Lyrics in image by All Time Low, Jasey Rae
Html Coding helped by Twin!
Best viewed in 1024x768 Mozilla Firefox