Breathe in for Luck
Saturday, December 06, 2008

Random Bits


Mood: Happy :)
Music: Just Surrender - What We've Become

Disclaimer: this is post is going to be totally random. And it's nothing intellectual so if you're looking to be enlightened, please skip this post. If you're looking to be entertained, I hope this helps. If you're looking for sex, go away. Forever.

But anyway. I was on the train today (in fact, I take the train almost every day!) and it dawned on me, that trains have the funniest people, ever! Good or bad, it works both ways. Mostly the latter, but I could just be biased.

Let's begin with the group known as "Starers". These people do nothing but stare at passengers, and of course, stare at their reflections. The extreme of the last point is to stare at their reflections on their own mirror (not just the train windows) or plainly stare at themselves. Those I don't mind. The ones that freak me out are those that stare at you. Yes, you! They single out a poor victim, and begin their staring game.

Case in point, I was on a train home one day and 3m away from me, I spotted this man staring at me. Whether he wanted my seat since he was standing or he wanted to scare people, it's anyone's guess. In any case, I was curious so I stared back. He didn't flinch. And contrary to that, he stared back harder! And literally stare. Like, eyes-opened-as-big-as-50cent-coins-without-blinking-once kinda stare. In the end I gave up and looked out the window. Not my own reflection mind you.

Example number two was yesterday afternoon. On the train from Bugis to Raffles Place, the train was mighty crowded and I had to stand. The woman who was seated in front of me and surprise surprise, started staring at me. She didn't just stare at me, but she stared me up and down, up and down. Maybe she was wondering if I were a male or female because of my flat chest (totally kidding) or considering to rip me apart for no apparent reason. Hmmm. Thank goodness it was only two stops so I didn't have to put up with her weird stares.

The second group can be called the "ear-bleeders". These people make your ears want to bleed because of the noise coming from them. The first kind talk to their friend who is within a 50cm radius of them and the train is not that crowded yet they are shouting at the top of their lungs as though either they are deaf or their friend is deaf. Don't blame others if they eavesdrop on who you have a crush on hmm.

The second kind is those that think their phones are the coolest thing on earth and blast music as their way of attracting attention to their phone (or maybe themselves, but who knows heh). People have mp3s (earphones included) because they want to listen to their own music. Not everyone wants to listen to the hokkien songs or weird songs that you listen to thanks. So please think twice about blasting music from your phone. Oh and on the way out of the train, please go and buy a pair of earphones for your phone thanks. =)

The third group can be called the "door-magnets" or crudely, "lazy". These people think that they are the North Pole and the train door is the South Pole. Also, these people seemingly assume that by standing near the train doors, they are being very cool. Wrong! It's so annoying especially when you need to squeeze out of the train. I don't understand why people want to stand near the door (other than the fact it's near the door.) It is much less crowded in the centre of the carriage since there are a lot of door-magnets, and thus much cooler. Moreover, by standing in the centre of the carriage, you have a higher chance of getting an available seat! (Kiasuism coming into practice heh)

Those are about all I can think of now. Before you decide to click the "comment" button and start typing "SO YOU THINK YOU ARE VERY RIGHTEOUS IZZIT?? THAT YOU CAN GO AND CRITICIZE OTHER PEOPLE", let me assure you that this is just a rant and is in no way meant to offend people, and sometimes, I may be guilty of some. Like staring into the window when the train is in a tunnel because I think my hair is out of place or laughing my ass off in a conversation no one's really interested to hear (I think).

And this post should be long enough to fill my blogging quota (haha kidding, I don't have one) since I'm going to be gone for three days for Youth Camp. Bye!


@ 19:30

Profile

Priscilla
050392
Mgs
Acjc
Nyp
Handbells
Harp
Mt Hermon
email

"And life is worth the living,
Just because He lives."


Links
ACJC
Handbells
Johari
Mr Ong
Nohari

Astrid Lim
Austyn Yong

Brandom Lum XYXY

Cherry
Crystal Soh

Daniel Sim
Daniel Tan
David Sim

Gerald Lim
Gideon Wong
Glenn Lim

James Yong
Jeremy Ng
JiaLei Isaac Koh
Joel Lim
Joel Tang
Joel Yap

KaiYang
Liquan Hsien
Liwei Wee
Mingdao Ting
Monica Lee

Natalie Chong
Nathan Khoo
Samuel Chan
Serene Siau

Valerie Lim


Xingting

Ziteng Lim


Listening To


Archives

Hit Me


Layout

Wait Outside
Date Created: 160208
Image taken by Sherylene
Image Hosted by Flickr
Lyrics in image by All Time Low, Jasey Rae
Html Coding helped by Twin!
Best viewed in 1024x768 Mozilla Firefox