Breathe in for Luck
Friday, December 14, 2007

Korea


Mood: Lazy :D
Music: Sugarcult - Memory

Okay I shall be good and give an update on my Korea trip (if anyone is ever interested or worse still, if anyone is even coming to this space heh).

Okay so most of my stuff I actually wrote (fine I brought a notebook to pen down the stuff, like the journal we were forced to write in China but I got lazy so I just typed out everything on my phone) but I'll try editing along the way so that my horrible grammar/lack of vocabulary won't bore you out.

Day 1, Seoul/Incheon
Okay so technically it was supposed to be an eight-day kinda thingy, but, BUT, B.U.T., they are out there to cheat your money!!! They say it's eight days, but it's essentially six days. We land at the airport at around 1030, by the time you get to the hotel it's already midnight- obviously too late to do anything. And on the last day morning call's at 4am and our flight's at 830. In the morning. Obviously you can't do anything. Hmph. Try and cheat my money huh?! >:( And they keep switching hotels! Six hotels in seven nights! Keep packing and unpacking. Hmph. Haha.

So anyway we sat on Korean Airlines and the plane ride was neutral. Not boring, not highly entertaining either. Thank goodness I had Angela's Eclipse to keep me occupied. And the negative side, my sister's constant poking and jabbing hur hur.

Upon landing, we have to get our passports chopped and the lady that was in charge of my queue was SO ANNOYING!!!!! She was so slow, she might as well take over Mr Slow and go work in some steam roller company where everything is in slow-mo. Gosh.

And when we saw our group, there was hardly any eye candy :( Haha just kidding. And there weren't anyone near our (my siblings and I) age. They were all either older or younger. Sad. Those that were relatively near our age, speak CHINESE so it's obvious we can't communicate. After all, my mandarin doesn't sound anything like mandarin anyway. :(

The hotel we stayed at on the first night was so weird. Or maybe we just weren't used to Korean hotels heh. The bathroom had no separation door between cubicle and wash area, so none of us showered. It was too late to shower anyway. And thus our first night ended like that.

Day 2, Incheon/Seoul
We had breakfast at the hotel, then we went to some palace which was very boring, and very cold, so I obviously didn't enjoy myself much there. But we saw a pond that was partially frozen. Yeah that was cool. Then we had some crazyyyy lunch at some place.

After the freezing weather, we were all so relieved because the floor of the eatery was heated! Woohoo! And they way they serve food is so cool. They literally bring the table to you (with all the food already on the table).

Then we went to Yongin Everland and IT WAS SO SO SO COOL! It was where they shot a scene from Witch Yoo Hee too woohoo!

We took some chair lift rides and watched some 4-D show. Haha it was better than the one in China HAHAHAHHA. So with a 5-ride ticket, we were already 2 down. Then we (my siblings and I. My parents didn't really want to come with us. I think, it must be because we were openly planning to ride roller coasters and they weren't really up for it haha) couldn't decide what to do, so we just sat on the Ferris Wheel haha but we couldn't see much because the windows were scratched and blurred. Rahh.

Then we went for some Safari tour and it was so cool! The lions and tigers were living together, and the bears could stand up and ask for food! There were normal lions and tigers, and white lions and white tigers too! The bears were so cute. Like the bear in the Yupi advertisments, it could stand up, AND WALK! Haha so cute!

So we couldn't resist our urge and went to promptly queued for the roller coaster!!!! We went for the Red one, because it looked as though it had more 'Woohoo!' factor to it haha. Compared to the Yellow ride. Omg it was so nuts. It was my first time (yes I know, pathetic right) riding a roller coaster so I didn't really know what to expect. Omg going down was so exhilarating. It feels as though you leave all your innards at the peak of the roller coaster and just go down all the way. Way. fun.

Then after that we saw our parents and it was so funny. Because they didn't know what to use their rides on, they ended up at some cafe sipping hot chocolate. HAHA! Naturally, they declined our offer to take them on more roller coaster rides.

Then we went for the yellow ride which was called Eagle's something haha. I think it's Eagle's Peak haha. And instead of the normal roller coaster where the track is on the bottom of your 'carriage' thingy, this one you're dangling. So the track is on top. Cool huh! And it was even more fun than the Red one because it was longer. Haha my stupid sister was so noisy. Screaming so much. Tsk. And it was so funny. Because those people with those day passes were crazy. They kept going and going for the roller coaster rides! Insane. Haha.

So we used up all our rides so we just wandered around, bought some Churrios (korean snack that is supposedly very nice) and bought huge pencils. So cute! Haha.

Then we had some steamboat dinner which was quite sian-ish because we were the only ones at the huge eatery and it felt so awkward. Didn't help that I was feeling really really tired. Then we went to try on ski gear and this is the funny part!

This girl (shan't reveal her name) was so fat! Haha damn funny! Her mum was like "the length of the pants and all is okay, but then she can't button. Must be after such a filling meal. I think tomorrow will be fine" HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAH okay I'm just being really mean but it's damn funny!!

Went to our hotel which was like the hotel I loved best. And also we got to stay two nights here hehe. The floor was heated! And so were the beds! It was sooo comfy! So I ended up lying in bed reading Angela's Eclipse.

Day 3, Seoul
We went skiing! It was so hard to wear the ski boots, and the skis were so darn heavy! I had serious issues clipping my boots to the skis, sigh it was SO EMBARRASSING. And we went skiing! It was so fun, but very very tiring. And my parents were totally hilarious! My mum fell as soon as she went to the top of the hill HAHAHAHHAHAH and she couldn't get up. Gave up trying to help her so I skied down first and when I got back to the place, EH! She was still there! My daddy too! They couldn't ski! Everytime they tried taking a step they fall. Haha so they gave up and went to sip hot drinks. Again.

And we didn't want to pay to sit on the chair lifts to bring us to the top of the hill because it was too expensive (40,000 won I heard) so we had to trudge up the hill for like five minutes to enjoy 20 seconds on skiing. GREAT. So we (my siblings and I, again, because my parents couldn't ski for nuts and gave up) and went to STARBUCKS hoho I bought a really nice green tea drink which my siblings found totally repulsive just because it was green. Poof.

Haha then dinner was so funny! I sat beside this small cute cute girl who was quite shy. But still, totally adorable. Then I asked her dad how old she was. And the father said five. Then she overheard and went
"她问你什么?"
"她问你几岁。"
"Huh她问你什么?"
"她问你几岁。"
"Huh她问你什么?"
"哎呀去吃饭去吃饭。"
Haha damn cute la she! Then we went to the supermarket and bought more food! I bought Ice Cream! Woohoo! And this night it snowed! So nice!!! And I ended up reading Eclipse again. But I finished it already, so I started from the top, just skipping the parts I don't really like haha.

Day 4, Seoul/Jeju Island
In the morning when we woke up, the whole place was snow! So nice! And my brother described it "It's like Mr. Men town. With all the snow on the floor, trees and rooftops" Couldn't have said it better myself. It was so beautiful.
Then we left the hotel and went to Nami Island, the place where the Winter Sonata was shot. Where they had what first kiss rubbish.

And I built a snowman! I built a minute one at first, then I proceeded to build a more ambitious one, which my sister totally destroyed because she thought the snow was so hard. So she grabbed the ball of snow that I made intended for the head and SLAMMED it into the body. Causing it to break apart. And my fantastic brother tried to help out also, and totally wrecked my snowman. I was very angry, and stormed off. >:(

Then my mummy found me all sad so she let me built a new snowman all by myself! Hoorah it was damn cute! And many people took photos with it too! Woohoo!!

Then we went to some Dong Dae Mun (pronounced dong da men in mandarin) which I seriously can't remember a thing about so I shall skip.

Then we took a domestic flight to Jeju island and they had free internet at the airport! So I used it to check my mail and all. A major feat, considering I had to figure out how to type in English because the keypads and Korean characters on them and I had to change the mode. No easy task, because I couldn't read a single word of Korean. Sigh. Then we stayed at some Jeju Oriental Hotel.

STUPID HOTEL! SO COLD! Couldn't sleep at all! And I woke up in the middle of the night to find myself curled up into a ball. Worse thing, I couldn't uncurl myself because when I stretched out my leg the bed was so cold! Gave up and attempted to sleep in a ball. Rahh.

Day 5, Jeju Island, Busan
We went to some Yong Duam Rock or some rock that supposedly looks like a dragon. Whatever haha. Then we went to Sungsan Ilchulbong peak which was so fun. We (my siblings and I. Mum was scared to climb. Scared she couldn't come down haha. Dad knew we would be too fast for him haha) climbed to the top of the peak! Woohooo! So fun man. But so tiring. And it was here I bought Sam's keychain! Haha!

Then we went for some ATV ride and I was the best rider among my whole family! My dad reached before me. Being curious, I asked why he was so fast. He said he gave up after one round (we went two rounds) haha and my sister who started out before me, was nowhere near when I finished. And her reason? It's seriously funny. There was this "Danger" sign, and she banged into it HAHAHAHHAH. My brother said he got derailed and couldn't reverse properly so he got stuck haha and my mum finished last of lasts. Haha. I should ride a real bike when I grow up ;)

Then we went to the tangerine farm, which was where they shot a scene from the first episode of My Girl and we could pick tangerines to eat! Woohoo!

Then lunch and sightseeing at the Jeju Folk Village which was where they shot a scene from Da Chang Jin haha and I took lots of nonsense photos and bought more Ice Cream!
Then we went to some mysterious road where the water flows uphill and what not. Actually it only seems like it but if you look at a map or whatever rubbish its the opposite. Not so amusing now that I know the science behind it haha.

Then we took a flish to Busan and dinner and check in.

Omgg I'm so tired. I'll continue another day haha.

Labels:



@ 15:39

Profile

Priscilla
050392
Mgs
Acjc
Nyp
Handbells
Harp
Mt Hermon
email

"And life is worth the living,
Just because He lives."


Links
ACJC
Handbells
Johari
Mr Ong
Nohari

Astrid Lim
Austyn Yong

Brandom Lum XYXY

Cherry
Crystal Soh

Daniel Sim
Daniel Tan
David Sim

Gerald Lim
Gideon Wong
Glenn Lim

James Yong
Jeremy Ng
JiaLei Isaac Koh
Joel Lim
Joel Tang
Joel Yap

KaiYang
Liquan Hsien
Liwei Wee
Mingdao Ting
Monica Lee

Natalie Chong
Nathan Khoo
Samuel Chan
Serene Siau

Valerie Lim


Xingting

Ziteng Lim


Listening To


Archives

Hit Me


Layout

Wait Outside
Date Created: 160208
Image taken by Sherylene
Image Hosted by Flickr
Lyrics in image by All Time Low, Jasey Rae
Html Coding helped by Twin!
Best viewed in 1024x768 Mozilla Firefox