Breathe in for Luck
Friday, January 01, 2010

2009


Mood: Pensive
Music: -

The year is gone. 2009 was the year that I...
...got so much more freedom from my parents. (No more "Mom can I go out tomorrow?" but "Hey mom I'm going out tomorrow" hehe)
...knew the results of my O levels
...got into my dream JC (no kidding, I literally dreamt of going ACJC heh)
...got to know so many people; Abbas, random friends of friends during orientation, harp, ManiAC, CF, bleachers, 1SA5
...lost someone I held very close (possibly closest) to my heart.
...finally admitted to liking someone after months of denial
...actually broke down over school work stress
...stayed in school to study till 930
...studied so hard my mum had to ask my dad if I were 'okay'
...went out a lot I found myself constantly in debt/eating cereal brought from home
...made a few of the best friends ever
...made friends with people I shouldn't have been friends with
...learnt a lot more about myself
...finally stepped out of Europe
...learnt a new instrument (harp)
...never changed my blog template (I normally change every few months or so)
...picked up running towards the end of the year
...watched more movies than I should be

And that's just the start. 2009 was the year I graduated from Mg. A tearful goodbye, I remember singing the school song in tears when we sang it on 12th Jan, the day we collected our O level results. Nothing beats MGS. Although AC was definitely fun, it was also full of politics, boys, bitches...Mg was so much more carefree. Now I would tell people I enjoy going to AC because that building is like my shelter, protecting me from the outside world. But who's going to protect me from the people within? I miss MG, because then Mg would protect me from everything. No one inside would hurt you...at least, no one hurt me there.

Then there was the founder's day graduating service. Wow how I've missed MGS so much. But I guess now isn't the time to dwell on the past, but to look towards the future. Only if we work toward it can we make it a better one. I've made a few resolutions, such as
1. Running at least once a week
2. Saving $2 a week. (Don't underestimate. When A levels end I'll have around 100 more to spend. HAH)
3. Studying hard, going out less
4. Stop taking a few people for granted

Hope I'll keep all those. Meanwhile, have a happy 2010 guys, we've made it thus far.


@ 22:22

Profile

Priscilla
050392
Mgs
Acjc
Nyp
Handbells
Harp
Mt Hermon
email

"And life is worth the living,
Just because He lives."


Links
ACJC
Handbells
Johari
Mr Ong
Nohari

Astrid Lim
Austyn Yong

Brandom Lum XYXY

Cherry
Crystal Soh

Daniel Sim
Daniel Tan
David Sim

Gerald Lim
Gideon Wong
Glenn Lim

James Yong
Jeremy Ng
JiaLei Isaac Koh
Joel Lim
Joel Tang
Joel Yap

KaiYang
Liquan Hsien
Liwei Wee
Mingdao Ting
Monica Lee

Natalie Chong
Nathan Khoo
Samuel Chan
Serene Siau

Valerie Lim


Xingting

Ziteng Lim


Listening To


Archives

Hit Me


Layout

Wait Outside
Date Created: 160208
Image taken by Sherylene
Image Hosted by Flickr
Lyrics in image by All Time Low, Jasey Rae
Html Coding helped by Twin!
Best viewed in 1024x768 Mozilla Firefox